POS - POINT OF SALE
To open POS, press <Alt M> ("Menu") and follow the Menu path illustrated below, then press <Enter>, or simply enter <POS> in the "Enter Program Name" field and press <Enter>.
You may bypass the BSMGR Main Menu System and go directly to Point of Sale "POINT OF SALE:Go Direct To POS" . To do so, replace the word “MENU” on the BSMGR icon properties to “POS”.”
|POS Limitations||Opening POS Screen||Passcode & Employee #|
|Frequent Buyer Routine||Telephone-Mailing List||<F6> = Repeat|
A Point of Sale Transaction is limited to:
200 line items 20 coupons 20 gift certificates 5 Checks 1 Credit Card or 1 House Charge
Opening POS Screen
1. Passcode and Employee Number
This program allows you to limit who can operate point of sale and what features of point of sale are allowed for the particular employee. SYS Config # 4027 must be set to a “P” before point of sale will require the “Employee Alias (Password).
- Enter <EMP> at the "Enter Program Name" field, and then enter the supervisory password given by BSMGR. Select the "Add/Change/Delete" option and then enter the information requested, select F5-Options, and choose Save. Passwords can be deleted the same way, except under F5-Options, choose Delete.
Employee Alias (Password) "Passwords:Point of Sale Passwords"
This is the data that will be entered into POS if SYS Config # 4027 has been turned on. When the password in entered in at point of sale, the screen will not show the value.
Name Employee is known by
This is the data that will appear on the customer receipt reflecting who made the sale. For example, if the employee above was used, J15 would be required by POS to begin the sale but “BOB” would print on the ticket.
POS has an option to keep daily totals for the z-tape for up to 99 employees. These totals are normally used for commission sales. (See also SLEMP for a possible better solution). To use this field set SYS Config # 4021 to a “Y”.
Various Check BoxesWhen employee passcodes are used, these check boxes determine what features the particular employee has available to them at point of sale. Note that these limitations can be overridden at point of sale by any employee who has the permission to do the desired option. Point of sale automatically prompts for the override code and resets the permissions to the original values after each sale.
Y Will activate the "Employee #" field. P Will activate the "Passcode" field instead of the "Employee #" field. N Select this if you do not wish to use these features.
- Also, in order for these totals to print on the Z-tape, the last two characters of the "Employee #" must be numbers (01-99) instead of letters. Initials may be used for employee numbers. However, if the last two characters are not numbers 01-99, the totals sold per employee will not be shown on the Z tape.
- The sales for any numbers other than 01-99 will appear as "Other" on the Z tape.
- If a terminal is used exclusively by one employee, SYS, Config. File, Change Misc. Configurations, number 4026, "Ask Employee only once? Y/N," may be set to "Y," so that the "Passcode" and "Employee #" fields will be skipped after the first sale until POS is exited.
2. Frequent Buyer Routine
You may set-up a routine to give discounts to frequent buyers.
- The frequent buyer number is set up in MLM ("Mail List Maintenance") by entering a number of your choosing in the "Frequent Buyer #" field and designating a discount percentage and an expiration date for this customer.
- You will also need to set up SYS, Config File, Change Misc. Configurations, line 4039, "(F)req Buyer / (D)isc Rtn."
F Sets up the frequent buyer routine at the beginning of a transaction, allowing designated discount for each item sold. D Will deactivate the frequent buyer routine.
- When opening a Point of Sale transaction, enter the customers "Frequent Buyer #," and the discount designated at the time his number was set up will automatically be applied to all items purchased on the transaction. If the customer does not remember his frequent buyer number, enter his phone number to bring up Mailing List Lookup, which will show this information.
Example: Mailing List Lookup Shows Frequent Buyer #
- If the discount date has expired, a message, "Frequent Buyer Card has Expired." will be displayed. Select OK to proceed with the transaction with no discount, or go to MLM to reactivate the discount with a new expiration date, and then return to POS to begin the transaction again by re-entering the "Frequent Buyer #."
- The frequent buyer discount will not override a department or an item set up with a sale price. It will override a category discount.
3. Telephone - Mailing List
- If the phone number/customer is on your mailing list, the computer will locate and highlight the customers name. If this is the correct customer, press <Enter> and Select to proceed to the POS transaction screen.
- If the customer is not on your mailing list, MLM will be displayed. At this point, you may add the customers mailing information to MLM, or press <Esc> to proceed to the POS transaction screen.
- If the customer does not wish to give his phone number, select OK (or press <Alt O>) to proceed to the POS transaction screen without the sale being tied to a name.
- If the phone number is obtained before the sale, the "Customer Name" will be displayed at the top of the POS transaction screen during the sale.
- If the area code you need is not the default area code, enter the pertinent number.
Note: You may set SYS Config number 4004 to skip the area code field.
- Whether the phone number is obtained before or after the sale, a personalized message will automatically print on the sales ticket.
Have a Great Day!
<F6> = Repeat
If a customer makes two purchases back to back, you may press <F6> to avoid having to ask for the phone number again for the second purchase.